Growing Winter Pasture
Build a Winter Feed Wedge
Building a winter feed wedge provides feed for winter consumption, and avoids soil damage from over-grazing, and potentially reducing supplemental feeding.
- Long-term phosphate trials have shown its positive effect on winter production.
- 1 kg P/ha grew 1.7 t DM/ha.
- 15 kg P/ha grew 2.8 t DM/ha.
- Winter temperatures can cause pasture growth rates to drop to very low levels (0-15 kg DM/ha/day).
- Balance & Grow with nitrogen and gibberellic acid are “get out of jail” cards when short of winter feed.